Acne commonly called Pimples or Zit, are widely prevalent throughout teenagers and adults as well. It can happen to both male and females. We have all suffered from them in one phase of time or some may still be suffering from them. Summer is a perfect time for Acne to be prominent. Anything you eat or drink seems to lead you to pimples.
Here are a few reasons on why do we have Acne:
- Having a dirty face due to makeup reside, or heavy sweating.
- Using irritating products that cause your skin to breakout.
- Having a naturally sensitive skin which is prone to breakout
- Having high amount of oil, sugar or fast food in your diet or drinking low quantity of water.
- Sharing your makeup products and brushes with each other
- Over doing exfoliation
- Touching your face
- Any other imbalance in your body
The location of your acne can tell about any ongoing problem in your body. Treat your acne according to that. Here is a quick guide:
Acne can generally be divided in two types:
- A small harmless pimple, which usually goes away after some time. It can be due to lack of water or touching your face or if you are eating a lot of junk food.
- A huge painful cyst like pimple, which is mostly due to any hormonal imbalance such as menstrual cycle or if your diet is constantly changing and not healthy.
See Also: 10 Brain Exercises That Boost Memory
In case you have last minute acne: Mostly it so happens that whenever you are about to go somewhere, a huge zit comes out of nowhere. But here is how to cure it:
- A huge and cystic pimple should be left alone. You can soothe it with some ice or rubbing small piece of aloe Vera, but do not mess around with it much, as it can leave a permanent scar on your face.
- A smaller, whitehead can be cured by dipping a cloth in warm water and place for a second or so. Repeat until your desire.
Other options to try out are:
- Use mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and honey and use on acne scars
- Use an calamine lotion and tea tree oil on the area
- Use banana peel
- Face wash products with Salicylic Acid and Zinc
Some More tips are:
- Drink a lot of water, add lemon if required
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Do not eat oily or spicy food
- Remove makeup before sleeping
- Go see a dermatologist if your condition is getting worse