Have you ever thought about the cause of dandruff in the hair scalp? Certain medical conditions are associated with different types of dandruff. The main causes of dandruff are!
A fungus termed as Malassezia is one of the main cause of dandruff. The fungus is normally found living in the hair scalp but in an inactive form. Under favorable circumstances, this fungus then grows and causes dandruff.
Seborrheic dermatitis is another type of dandruff which result in producing flakes and red itchy scalp. This condition is known as cradle cap and it can occur at any age group. The acute form of this dandruff causes infection in armpits and facial parts.
Another form of dandruff is Psoriasis which affects the scalp. The skin cells over grow and form thick flakes.
Some hormonal changes also contribute to the formation of flakes. Along with these, stress, anxiety, hereditary problems are also thought to be associated with dandruff.
There are certain issues directly or indirectly related to dandruff.
Dandruff and hair loss:
A common old observation is that increased dandruff results in hair fall. The connection between dandruff and hair fall could be the scalp gets itchy; one has to scratch the scalp which causes traumatic effect on hair follicle. But those who are suffering from hair loss due to dandruff should feel much relieved knowing that both hair fall as well as dandruff is curable. Don’t forget to treat dandruff issues before getting hair fall treatments.
A diet to reduce dandruff:
A good balanced diet can cure dandruff up to some extent. One must get a diet rich in fibers and vitamins. Green leafy vegetables, nuts, pulses and fruits must be added in diet. Eggs contain large amount of nutrition. Keep yourself hydrated so that the scalp gets plenty of moisture.
Tips to get rid of dandruff:
There are certain ways which reduce the amount of flakes in the scalp:
- Don’t wash your hair too much. Extensive washing can result in more dandruff. Maximum three washes a week is a best choice. Oil your hair properly and avoid using hair sprays and setting gels.
- Comb your hair as much as you can. This will increase blood circulation and reduce dandruff. Massaging scalp with Jaborandi hair oil.
- Avoid taking too much stress. Take a proper sleep and a balanced diet.
- Neem, fenugreek, and lemon are known to reduce dandruff. Apply these on the hair regularly, Neem is proven highly effective in dandruff control.
- Onion juice used in certain ways will help in the reduction of dandruff as well.